Academic Literature on Council of Europe topics.
For literature in German and French check Fachliteratur & Links
- Berridge, G.R./James, Alan: A Dictionary of Diplomacy. Palgrave Macmillan; 2nd edition, New York and Basingstoke/UK 2003.
- Berridge, G.R.: Diplomacy – Theory and Practice. Palgrave Macmillan, 4th edition; New York and Basingstoke/UK 2010.
- Coleman, John (editor): The Conscience of Europe. Council of Europe Publishing&New Europe Publications; Strassburg and London 1999.
- Congress of Local and Regional Authorities: Gods in the city – Intercultural and Inter-religious dialogue at local level. Council of Europe Publishing; Strassburg 2007.
- De Beco, Gauthier: Human Rights Monitoring Mechanisms of the Council of Europe. Routledge; Abingdon and New York 2012.
- Evans, Malcolm D.: Manual on the wearing of religious symbols in public areas. Council of Europe Publishing; Strassburg 2009.
- Freeman Jr., Chas.W.: Diplomat’s Dictionary. United States Institute of Peace, 2nd edition; Washington 2010.
- Haller, Gret: Human Rights Without Democracy? Reconciling Freedom with Equality. Berghahn, New York and Oxford, 2012.
- Hollo, Lanna: The European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI) – Its first 15 years. Council of Europe Publishing; Strassburg 2009.
- Kicker, Renate; Möstl, Markus: Standard-setting through monitoring?. Council of Europe Publishing; Strassburg 2012.
- Kissinger, Henry: Diplomacy. Simon&Schuster; New York 1994.
- Renucci, Jean-François: Article 9 of the European Convention on Human Rights. Freedom of thought, conscience and religion. Council of Europe Publishing, Human rights files No. 20; Strassburg 2005.
- Roberts, Ivor (editor): Satow’s Diplomatic Practice. Oxford University Press; Oxford 2011.
- Trondal, Jarle/Marcussen, Martin/Larsson, Torbjörn/ Veggeland, Frode: Unpacking International Organisations – The dynamics of compound bureaucracies. Manchester University Press; Manchester and New York 2010.
- ABC of Diplomacy. Federal Department of Foreign Affairs FDFA. Bern 2008.
- ABC of Human Rights. Federal Department of Foreign Affairs. Bern 2008.
- ABC of International Humanitarian Law. Federal Department of Foreign Affairs FDFA. 2. revised edition; Bern 2014.
- ABC of International Law. Federal Department of Foreign Affairs; Bern 2009.