Literature on the Council of Europe in German can be found at Literatur über den Europarat
Aline Royer: The Council of Europe
Gauthier de Beco (editor): Human Rights Monitoring Mechanisms of the Council of Europe. Routledge; Abingdon and New York 2012.
The Council of Europe has developed various monitoring mechanisms over the years. In this book, a number of specialists describe and asses the following non-judicial and non-political human rights monitoring mechanisms:
- The Commissioner for Human Rights
- The European Committee for the Prevention of Torture and Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (CPT)
- The European Committee of Social Rights
- The Advisory Committee on the Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities
- The European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI)
- The Committee of Experts of the European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages
Lanna Hollo: The European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI) – Its first 15 years. Council of Europe Publishing; Strassburg 2009.
In her book, she provides the reader with information on ECRI’s foundation and early years; its three-pronged work programme; its contribution to legal standards as well as its opinion on some of the most important contemporary topics.